MOTOR CLAIM PROCEDURE:
How to claim?
In the event of an incident giving rise to a claim under the policy, the following steps should be taken,
In case of accidental damage to the vehicle:
- If possible click spot photos and videos of the vehicle with a clear view of the vehicle number.
- Please dial 100 for police control room and lodge FIR to nearest police office immediately
- Immediate intimation (jankari) should be provided to the Insurers’ office, to generate the claim number in the insurer’s system. (Via mail ”email@example.com”, Telephone”5111111 ext.208” or client can come to our office whichever is near to provide the detail of loss.)
- The intimation form and claim form should be duly filled and submitted along with a copy of Bluebook, estimate/quotation of repairs, photo of ill-fated vehicle, and driving license of the driver at the time of the accident.
- If the loss is minor then we will verify it from the provided photos and the insured can repair the vehicle.
- If loss is major then vehicle will be inspected by a Surveyor, appointed by the insurance company, who shall submit his report to the company. In case of a major damage to the vehicle, a spot survey, at the site of accident, would also be arranged by the company.
- Final bills/cash memos are to be submitted duly signed by the insured.
- Salvage of the damaged parts may be required to be deposited with the insurance company, if any, after approval of the claim.
In case of theft of the vehicle:
- Lodge a First Information Report with the police immediately.
- Inform the policy issuing office with a copy of FIR.
- Submit the Final Police Report as soon as it is received.
- Extend full cooperation to the surveyor and/or investigator appointed by the company.
- After approval of the claim by the company, get the Registration Certificate (Blue Book) transferred in the name of the company, hand over the keys of the vehicle, and submit a letter of Subrogation and Indemnity on stamp paper duly notarized.
In case of third party liability claim:
- Inform insurance company immediately of any incident likely to give rise to liability claim.
- On receipt of summons from District Administrative Office, and/or District Police Office etc. the same should be sent to the company immediately.
- Claim Form duly filled in along-with copies of Registration Certificate, Diving License, FIR are to be submitted.
MARINE CLAIM PROCEDURE:
1. Take immediate steps to minimize loss.
2. Inform nearest office of the insurance company.
3. Lodge monetary claim with carrier within stipulated time period.
4. Submit duly assigned insurance policy/certificate along with the tax invoice and other documents required to substantiate the claim such as:
- Bhansar Pragyapan Patra (If goods are imported from foreign country)
- Bill of Lading/ Airway Bill
- Packing list/Certificate of origin
- Consignment note
- Copy of notice served on carriers along with their reply.
- Police report in accident case.
5. Salvage of the damaged parts may be required to be deposited with the insurance company, if any, after approval of the claim.